Monday, January 03, 2011

The things that made 2010 survivable, i.e. what I need to do more of this year

@font-face { font-family: "MS 明朝"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria Math"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Cambria; }.MsoChpDefault { font-size: 10pt; font-family: Cambria; }.MsoPapDefault { margin-bottom: 10pt; }div.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1; }

It’s my last day of winter break and I’m finally getting around to writing this post. This last year has been a formative one. In 2010 I have traveled, reflected on life, tried to change how I teach / learn, and worked on being a better friend and family member. Throughout this year a few moments have stood out: breakthroughs, moments of realization, being awestruck by the beauty of a place, being overwhelmed by my relationships with others. In looking it all over, I’ve noticed that my best moments of the year have some things and people in common. So I decided write about what they have in common and how those things have helped sustain me this year. Because it is also the start of a new year, I hope to spend more time appreciating these people and participating in these life-giving activities.

So, in short, this is a list of bests and resolutions, and it comes it 5 parts (I think).

Posted via email from mjgonzales's posterous

No comments: